GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES
Deadline to apply: March 20, 2016
The application can be mailed or scanned and emailed to the address on the application. Please click the link at the bottom of the page to download the application.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND INTERVIEWS
All applications will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee. Interviews for Board of Directors candidates will take place by phone. All candidates will be interviewed.
Applicants selected by the ATA Nominating Committee for the 2016 slate be notified by April 15th. All candidates who are interviewed will receive a phone call. Names of Candidates not selected by the ATA Nominating Committee will be included in the Candidate Profile sent to the voting population.
CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
Nominating Committee decisions are based on many factors. The Nominating Committee will be looking for directors who can shape the future of the ATA. Our board selection process aims to create a team that in combination possesses the full complement of skills necessary to fulfill the ATA’s mission and goals.
The responsibilities of the ATA Board of Directors include:
* Shaping the future of the ATA with long-term strategic thinking
* Creating a set of long-term financial goals
* Establishing explicit governing policies
Historically, successful candidates selected by the Nominating Committee for the Board have possessed some, if not most, of the following skills and experience:
* Significant background with their sectional organization in leadership positions
* Previous nonprofit board experience
* Extensive business, professional, academic, or tennis-related experience
* Demonstrated success as a person who has actively grown the game of tennis
* The ability to both lead and contribute as a member of a team
* A "big picture" view of the needs of the organization and the future of tennis